Do you suffer from Migraines-headaches? Did you know migraines are sometime caused by chemicals and preservatives within some foods and beverages. One of those chemicals is caffeine, which everyone knows is found in chocolate and can be found in coffee. Though, not everyone knows caffeine can also be found in certain headache medications.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic care should always be a preferable treatment to taking medicine, as medication introduces foreign substances into your body that only cover the symptoms rather than addressing the cause. Though, now, there is another reason for you to avoid medicating your body.
Here is a list of medications that contain caffeine:
Over-the-Counter Caffeinated Headache Medications
- Anacin Maximum Strength: 32 mg
- Actamin Super: 65.4 mg
- Anacin Tablets and Caplets: 32 mg
- Aspirin-Free Excedrin Caplets: 65 mg
- Bayer Select Maximum Strength Headache Pain Relief: 65.4 mg
- Dristan Capsules: 16 mg
- Excedrin Caplets: 65 mg
- Excedrin Extra Strength Caplets and Tablets: 65 mg
- Goody's Extra Strength Tablets: 16.25 mg
- Goody's Headache Powder: 32.5 mg
- Midol Menstrual Maximum Strength Caplets: 60 mg
- Midol for Cramps Maximum Strength Caplets: 32.4 mg
- NoDoz: 200 mg
- Vanquish Caplets: 33 mg
- Vivarin: 200 mg
Prescription Caffeinated Headache Medications
- Cafergot Suppositories (Cafertrine, Cafetrate, Migergot, Wigraine): 100 mg
- Cafergot Tablets (Ercaf, Ergo-Caff, Gotamine, Wigraine): 100 mg
- Fiorinal Capsules and Tablets: 40 mg
- Fiorinal with Codeine No. 3: 40 mg
- Norgesic; Norphadrine: 30 mg
- Norgesic Forte; Norphadrine Forte: 30 mg
- Triaminicin with Codeine Tablets: 30 mg
Now that you know what types of medications might be triggering your migraines, you have two choices. The first is that you can find a prescription or non-prescription medication that doesn't use caffeine, alleviate your migraines, and cover your symptoms. That will mean remaining dependent upon taking medication for the rest of your life. Your second option is to receive the care of an upper cervical specialist, who will determine the source of your headaches and make the necessary adjustments to any misalignments in your upper neck.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Spinato call (858) 484-0444 or just click the button below.