WHAT IS HRV – Heart Rate Variability?
Why we check heart rate variability?
An Heart Rate Variability (HRV) scan helps to identify ANS imbalances. These imbalances indicate whether a person’s system is in a fight – or – flight mode. Are you operating at full speed without the capacity / ability to slow down when necessary? (Sympathetic Dominance) Or are you finding yourself exhausted / tired lacking the energy to get through a day? (Parasympathetic Dominance) With better balance between the sympathetic and the parasympathetic, patients tends to be more adaptive to change and healthier. Over the past few decades, research has shown a relationship between low Heart Rate Variability (HRV) scores and increased inflammation, elevated blood pressure, lowered immunity, mood changes and chronic pain.
People who have a high Heart Rate Variability (HRV) score may have greater cardiovascular fitness and can often be more resilient to stress. HRV scans may also provide personal feedback about your lifestyle and determine if you are capable of increasing physical activities, mental tasks and emotional support.
The reason why I am recommending Heart Rate Variability
The reason I recommend HRV is not to assess your heart but rather to assess the status of your nervous system. The nervous system controls and coordinates all body systems. The human body is self-healing and self-regulating. This self-healing, self-regulating ability is organized and coordinated via your nervous system. Your chiropractic adjustments and nutritional supplements will directly affect your HRV score. Specific treatments to the cranial and spinal bones will help balance your ANS. With this proper nerve flow your chance to a healthier and more adaptive body increases. Chiropractic care and the HRV test helps determine your health index using accepted scientific data and not just the absence of pain and symptoms.
Heart Rate Variability Service Features - The nueroPulse™
A painless procedure that is as simple as putting two fingers in the device.
- Assesses the balance and capacity of a patient’s Autonomic Nervous System using Heart Rate Variability
- Precision pulse wave profiling uses finger plethysmography
- Variable time selection: screen mode of 1-2 minutes and clinical collection mode of 3, 4, or 5 minutes
- Ensures accurate, resting–state collection by utilizing proprietary collection method which streams skin conductance testing at the same time as calculating heart rates and rhythms
- Plots balance between Sympathetic and Parasympathetic divisions along with heart rate.
- Simplifies discussion and tracking of Vagal Tone
- Fail safe pre-testing to ensure patient compatibility, limiting false readings
- Offers Heart Rate Variability's most reportable “rainbow” graph, instantly showing patients their improvements and effect of stress on their health